Saving an existing ivan database for use with a new ivan installation.
Note: The following assumes that your database directory is c:\ivanw\testdb.
If you are unsure whether this is the case you can check the programme properties
of the ivan icon. The name after the -d is your database directory.
E.G. For c:\ivanw\ivanw.exe -d testdb -c xxxx c:\ivanw\testdb is the database
Renaming ivanw before a new installation
- Open the Windows Explorer from Start Menu\Programs.
To run the Windows Explorer click on the Start Menu icon that looks
like the one displayed in the left hand part of the page. When the Start
Menu pops up move to the 'Programs' sub menu. You will find 'Windows Explorer'
in this sub menu.
- In Windows Explorer select the directory
If your ivanw directory is elsewhere then locate it using the Windows Explorer.
If you are unsure how to do this read your Windows Help or see your system
- Choose rename from the File menu.
- The name of the directory is highlighted and the cursor is placed in a box
surrounding the directory name (like this ).
Rename the directory to ivanwold (or something else if you prefer).
- Quit the Windows Explorer by clicking on the icon or choosing 'Close' from the File menu.
- Now install ivan as per the installation notes provided with the diskettes. Once the installation has completed we will restore your previous working directory:
Restoring the testdb directory
- Open the Windows Explorer from the Start Menu.
|Select the directory
which is located in the ivanwold directory.
- Hold down the control key and then drag the testdb directory to the
directory by holding the mouse
button down and dragging the mouse.
A dialogue will appear telling you that there is already a 'testdb' directory
present and asking whether you want to replace it. The correct response is YES.
- Quit Windows Explorer by clicking on the icon or choosing 'Close' from the File menu.
For any further information or should you require assistance contact:
Ivan software support
PO Box N859
Grosvenor Place NSW 1220
Phone: +61 2 9251 6511
Facsimile: +61 2 9251 7343